This simple carrot orange ginger juice recipe is your new secret to staying healthy during cold and flu season. Made with fresh carrots, oranges, apples, and ginger for a refreshing juice that will boost your immunity and fuel your day with vibrant energy.
There's nothing better than fresh juice in the morning (along with a cup of steaming hot black coffee). Especially when the juice has health benefits!
This orange carrot juice recipe is packed with all sorts of vitamins and minerals that are heart healthy and may help with eye health, improve skin, and provide a boost to your immune system.
Keep reading for the deets on each ingredient or head to the recipe card to start making this delicious homemade juice!
Carrot juice can be made with just carrots, but it becomes a sensational drink when we add a few other ingredients too. Here are the few simple ingredients you'll need to make this immune-boosting drink.
- Carrots: packed with beta carotene & adds other nutrients like biotin, Vitamin K, and potassium.
- Apples: add fiber and a subtle sweetness to the juice that help to round out the earthy flavors of the carrots.
- Fresh oranges: infuses the drink with additional Vitamin C, as well as some folate, potassium, & calcium. Cara cara, blood orange, navel and valencia oranges all work! Use your favorite.
- Ginger: adds a subtle spicy kick and helps with digestion and anti-inflammatory properties.
The bright citrus flavors from oranges in combination with the earthy flavors or carrots, sweetness from the apples, and a subtly spicy zing from the ginger create the perfect blend of flavors.
Top tips for making homemade carrot juice
- Use a juicer. There are juice recipes that call for blending ingredients in a high-speed blender and pressing through a nut milk bag or cheese cloth. I've tried this method with my recipe and the results just aren't the same as freshly pressed through a juicer. Use a juicer for best results!
- Prep produce. Wash produce well and cut as needed to fit into the juicer chute.
- Sandwich the ginger. Snuggle the piece of ginger between the other ingredients to prevent the juicer from flinging it into the discard bucket.
- Taste and adjust. The juice can easily be customized. Taste and add more ginger for an additional zing, orange or apple for sweetness, or carrots for earthy flavors.
What to do with leftover carrot pulp?
To use the leftover carrot pulp, juice the carrots first (by themselves), then empty the discard bucket before juicing the other ingredients. Add carrot pulp to any recipe that call for shredded carrots; carrot cake, overnight oats, or oatmeal are all great options!
- Pineapple. Adds sweet and tart flavors to the juice, similar to apple. Add it in or sub apple with pineapple.
- Bitter flavor. The white pith of the orange peel is what adds bitter flavor to the carrot juice - I recommend peeling and discarding it, but feel free to keep it on if you would like to add bitterness to the juice.
- Coconut water. Add a splash of coconut water to your glass for extra hydration and a subtle tropical spin.
- Fresh turmeric root. Add an inch of turmeric along with the ginger root.
Store this immune booster juice in a sealed jar, in the fridge, for up to 24 hours. If you are using a masticating juicer (slow juicer), store it for up to 48 hours.
If you made this carrot orange ginger juice recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and let me know what healthy juice recipe you would like to see next!
Immune Boosting Carrot Orange Ginger Juice Recipe
- cutting board + knife
- 1 lb carrots*, scrubbed well and tops removed
- 2 Gala apples (decrease to 1 for a less sweet juice)
- 2 oranges**, peeled
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger
- Prep: scrub carrots well and cut the tops off. Cut the apples to remove the core. Peel oranges. Cut an inch knob off of the ginger root.
- Juice: Add all ingredients to the juicer. For best results, start the juicer first then add carrots, followed by the ginger snuggled between the apples and oranges (this prevents the ginger from just being flung into the discard bucket).
- Serve: serve over ice in a tall glass and enjoy!