This easy cranberry pomegranate cocktail is bursting with sweet and tart flavors that are perfect for the holiday season or a cozy night in. It's also easy to create a non-alcoholic variation so be sure to check out the mocktail section at the end of the post too!
This drink is a combination of a holiday Moscow mule and a winterized fruity spritzer. Bright and bold ginger, cranberry, and pomegranate flavors are mellowed out by sparkling water and lime juice. It is my favorite cocktail to serve during any holiday party or dinner.
It is a must-make this season for a few reasons:
- Easy to throw together
- Made with simple ingredients
- Vibrant and bold flavors
- Light and refreshing
- SO customizable - enjoy with or without a splash of your favorite spirit
No simple syrup or fancy liqueurs are necessary to create this easy drink. Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- Ginger beer: I LOVE hibiscus ginger beer in this recipe for the deep red hue it gives the drink, but classic (or light for less added sugar) also works! Pro tip: add an extra squeeze of lime juice if using light ginger beer.
- Pomegranate cranberry juice: I love 365 Organic Cranberry Pomegranate juice and RW Knudsen Organic Juice. They are a blend of pomegranate juice, cranberry juice, and apple juice. It's delightful and super easy but feel free to make a combination of your own with 100% pure juices of choice.
- Vodka: for best results use your favorite plain vodka (no additives or added sugars).
- Sparkling water: used to lighten the drink! Plain, lemon, or lime sparking water works best but feel free to experiment with flavors for subtle taste variations.
- Lime juice: freshly squeezed lime juice provides balance and a little citrus zing to the drink.
- Ice: helps to keep the drink cold & refreshing
- Garnish: top with frozen or fresh cranberries, a lime wedge/lime slices, and pomegranate arils
Tips for making the best cocktail
- Stir, don't shake. Do not use a cocktail shaker to make this cocktail (the sparkling water will create a mess). Make the cocktail directly in the glass and then stir with a cocktail stirrer or long spoon.
- Taste & adjust. The best part of this cocktail is how easy it is to adjust to your taste. Take a sip after making and add more sparkling water if it's too strong, juice for more flavor, more ginger beer for additional sweetness or more vodka for a stronger drink.
- Crushed ice. Personal preference, but I LOVE crushed ice, especially in this cocktail - it adds another layer of texture and pairs wonderfully with the bubbles.
This cranberry pomegranate drink is undoubtably great as a mocktail too! Skip the vodka and add one of these good-for-you ingredients:
- Vitamin C liquid drops for an immunity boost
- L-Theanine liquid drops to help you relax and possibly ease feelings of anxiety
- B Complex liquid drops for a boost of energy + skin and hair health
- Organic Olivia "Liver Juice" for detoxification, healthy skin, & balanced hormones
Additionally, substitute ginger beer for gut-healthy kombucha. I recommend the following flavors:
No matter what, this drink tastes best when served immediately. The bubbles will be crisp & fresh!
- Sugar rim: for additional sweetness dip the rim of the glass in fresh lime juice, then in cane sugar.
- Christmas cocktail: add one of these Christmas tree stirrers or rosemary sprigs
- New Year's Eve cocktail: serve in a champagne flute instead of a whiskey glass and/or swap sparkling water for sparkling wine (here is a list of vegan champagne brands - also great for cranberry mimosas on Christmas morning!)
Easy Cranberry Pomegranate Cocktail + Mocktail
- old fashioned cocktail glass (11 oz)
- cocktail stirrer
- large handful of ice
- 1.5 oz ginger beer*
- 1-2 oz vodka (optional, 1.5 oz is a standard shot, add more or less to your liking)
- 2.5 oz cranberry pomegranate juice**
- 1.5-2 oz sparkling water (enough to top the cocktail off)
- fresh squeezed lime juice
- frozen (or fresh) cranberries and/or pomegranate arils
- lime wedge
- Add a handful of ice to a whiskey/old-fashioned glass. Add ginger beer, vodka, and juice then top off the drink with sparkling water and fresh squeezed lime juice. Stir gently to combine.
- Garnish with cranberries, lime, and/or pomegranate arils (pomegranate seeds). Serve and enjoy immediately. Cheers!
If you made this cranberry pomegranate cocktail recipe I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below! Be sure to leave a star rating & tag @notablyvegan in your creations on social media. Happy Holidays!